rip fence stop for makita chopsaws?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, does anyone know where i can get an adjustable stop to mount on the fences on my makita chopsaw, and what exact name this type of part goes by that i can search better?

Sponsored Links
Hi, does anyone know where i can get an adjustable stop to mount on the fences on my makita chopsaw, and what exact name this type of part goes by that i can search better?

You can normally only get them to fit on the extendable legstands that most manufacturers sell although you may find one that has a universal fitting.

Try searching google for something like flip stop, length stop or mitre saw stop.

Someone like Axminster or Rutlands may be worth a look as well.

You can normally only get them to fit on the extendable legstands that most manufacturers sell although you may find one that has a universal fitting.

Try searching google for something like flip stop, length stop or mitre saw stop.

Someone like Axminster or Rutlands may be worth a look as well.

Edit: Is this any good?

http://www.rutlands.co.uk/hand-tools/marking-&-measuring/stops/DKL32/flip-stop-with-48"-track

i make my own length stops up where nessisery
from 21x21mm or 21x44 screwed to the back off the fence in holes that are present

or threaded rod 15mm copper whatever fits into the support arm holes

all in connection to mastic one handed clamps blocks off wood or a bit off wood with a hole and a slot with a wing nut to tighten

also look for surrounding articles to support something to act as a stop

or mount on a dewalt stand with built on supports an length stops
http://www.tool-net.co.uk/p-315686/dewalt-de7023-universal-leg-stand.html

but dont pay more than about £125

Sponsored Links
cheers lads but it seems i'll have to rig something up myself then.. that stand looks good but i'm not paying big money for this conveniece..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back