Christmas tree lights

how d'you work that out? Have you been reading this thread at all???? ONE BULB HAS GONE on the 31-40 chain of series-ly wired bulbs, causing them to go out. If, after a bulb has gone out, none of the others can light, how does another blow? Simple, it cant, until the chain is working again, unless the filament just magically breaks or the bulb is smashed.

DavidE, look at the bulbs closely on that set not working, you might be able to see the one thats broken.

Yes I have been reading the thread, That's why I responded.

Have you??? As I said, same thing happened to me!!!!!

More than 1 bulb can go, it is a simple matter of them being bashed about whilst you are trying to untangle the mess.

But all that aside. What the hell is the point of your post?? I was trying to be helpful, if you don't like what I said, ignore it!! You did not ask the original question, the person who did, may well appreciate the response, may not, but that's his/her own choice.

It is this constant sniping that it making this forum worthless!!!

Sponsored Links
Lights working now!!! Thanks to all for the constructive suggestions (nuff said eh Allenm :D :D ) Apologies to crafty, I was convinced that after reading the leaflet that came with the lights which stated that the lights were wired in series that they all should have been and not in sets of series strings wired in parallel. Just goes to show that sometimes you don't want to RTFM!!!!!!!

So what is the overall supply voltage that each set runs off, and what is the voltage rating of each lamp?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back