F.cking Xmas Tree Lights!!!

D

DeltaT2

24Vac lights, every second light is not working for about 2M from the 'twinkle' button. 3 wires come out of the 'twinkle' controller, so I guess all lights are wired in series?? How to test the circuits?? The bulbs are pi.h & difficult to remove/refit to test!!
Any help please??

Sponsored Links
In all honesty, you would be better of buying a new set.

Sponsored Links
In all honesty, you would be better of buying a new set.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: My daughter just said 'Was it a woman that left that reply'!!!
Misogyny run rancid in your family then?

just in case you don't know what it means.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misogyny[/QUOTE]

What, do you mean that God gave the fairer sex smaller feet to get nearer the sink??
No, misogyny doesn't run in the family, I ensure my daughter & my good lady wife take a very pragmatic approach to all faults/repairs around the home. Well, I'll not be around for long.........I'm off down the Pub.

Anyone else that's not a member of the 'throw away society' got any answers??

Anyone else that's not a member of the 'throw away society' got any answers??

It's perfectly acceptable to throw away manky old tat that doesn't work properly.
Get down the shops, and buy some decent LED twinkly lights.

If you can afford the time and patience then you may be able to find the dead bulb by shorting out, one at a time, each lamp that is not lit.

Make a shorting link using two sharp sewing needles connected by wire. Use these to gently pierce the insulation, one needle each side of the suspect lamp. Do not push the needle right through as that is likely to damage the wire.

If there is only one dead lamp then the others will light when that one is shorted. Punctures in the insulation will mean the sets life will be reduced if leads get wet.

This is only safe for lamps that are SELV ( 24 volts or less supplied from an isolating transformer )

DO NOT USE THIS METHOD FOR LIGHTS THAT DO NOT HAVE A TRANSFORMER

If you can afford the time and patience then you may be able to find the dead bulb by shorting out, one at a time, each lamp that is not lit.

Make a shorting link using two sharp sewing needles connected by wire. Use these to gently pierce the insulation, one needle each side of the suspect lamp. Do not push the needle right through as that is likely to damage the wire.

If there is only one dead lamp then the others will light when that one is shorted. Punctures in the insulation will mean the sets life will be reduced if leads get wet.

This is only safe for lamps that are SELV ( 24 volts or less supplied from an isolating transformer )

DO NOT USE THIS METHOD FOR LIGHTS THAT DO NOT HAVE A TRANSFORMER

Thanks Bernny, got them sorted by employing your most informative testing method.

As for everyone else; if you'd like to contribute(folding stuff) to a new set of lights, then donations would be gratefully received at the following address;
Mr D Puller
Puller Plumbing International Inc.
21 Gorbals Street
Glasgow

Thanks you & Seasons Greetings to you all!!!

address;
Mr D Puller
Puller Plumbing International Inc.
21 Gorbals Street
Glasgow

Thanks you & Seasons Greetings to you all!!!

So Plumbing International cannot afford a tenner?

Or is it the location :D

Happy Xmas

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back