Chrome rectangle box section

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if i can get chrome box section to cover both water pipes for freestanding bath. I would of bought regular piper covers but the plumber messed up and supplied the hot and cold wrong way round. I could just get used to the hot on the right but with it being closest to edge of the bath and always being used to having hot on the left its getting on my nerves. So i want to switch the flexi hoses to the right way round. I think it would look pretty good having both pipes inside a box section too.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Your previous plumber messed up...................

Get your plumber back to do it properly. If he's used flexi hoses where they're going to be on display then he sounds like a right bodger, wonder what else he's not done properly?

I've never come across the kind of boxing you describe. I daresay you could get something specially made

Last edited:
Its a bit too late to change the pipework. Tiles are down. Well the flexi were supposed to be temporary but as the hot and cold are switched i may need to keep them on flex. I might just get used to having the hot on the right and cold on left and use regular pipe covers

Sponsored Links
Can you post a photo in case we can suggest a solution.

I find it intensely annoying when hot is wrongly connected because it demonstrates a lazy installer who cannot take the trouble to correct it.

Once I went to repair a new boiler under warranty in a flat being renovated by builders. A week after I repaired the boiler the foreman telephoned me to say the boiler was still not working. Being totally confident of my repair I told him to turn on the right tap.

There were water running sounds and I could even hear the boiler fire up. The foreman said yes the boiler is working but how did I know he needed to turn the other tap? Simple I said, I know the boiler works so the only cause will be the taps are fitted the wrong way round!

Tony

Currently in work. But i will try and explain.
2 copper pipes coming up through tiles by about 12". From there they are on flexi hoses up to the bath. The reason i have not just connected the flexis to the correct tap for now is because the actual hot tap is goosed so it becomes difficult to turn off when it has been running due to the heat. So i could just switch the flexi hoses over but i want to get some sort of cover so i havnt got criss crossed flexis on show.

Back to my original question. Does anyone know if you can get a cover that is about 20cm wide, 5cm depth and 60cm tall. Approx. I have not actually measured.
Tried looking on google etc.

A wooden box covered by your tiles?

A photo would be nice!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back