chsarity fiasco

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently posted on this forum about raising funds for stroke rehab by donating. Firstly I’d like to apologise to those that responded setting up a system for this isn’t as easy as I thought I got contacted from fund raisers for a fee they’d set it up, I’ve now found out what a scam some “charities” are making “just giving” Website that rakes off £20 million a year from your charity donations: “Just Giving” is branded 'Just taking' after using funds to pay its staff up to £200,000 a year “Just Giving” takes a cut of more than 6 per cent from almost every donation. For this Accounts show that more than and there’s that other one “kidz” The biggest all of them Oxfam all going on paid for“fact finding” jaunts in 5 star hotels are at it. I should’ve put more thought into my proposal. I can understand why people are reluctant to give to charities. I’ll try the direct approach Now as a residential cad technician quantity surveyor build cost analyst I’ve created drawings with associated project management schedule including itemised priced bills of quantities in English (trying to decipher take offs was a nightmare) attached are a couple of samples I do it all by via pdf if you haven’t got a pdf reader try 24 pdf its free does everything all I need are dimensions and design brief the drawings are on A2 paper size you can print them at any post office and get them laminated If you’re happy with the results buy a form of stroke treatment. There are plenty of affordable choices at least you’ll know it’s not going into the pockets of these “charities.”You can’t get them off the NHS. They cost less than 200£ and can be used with or without supervision. I’ve bought an “aviva estim” it cost me 185£ vat exempt, I’m able to use it in my home without supervision instead of paying 85£ an hour to a private clinic. I won’t go into what I think about the NHS If you’re interested look at this

https://www.neurorehabdirectory.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/wrist-extension

Attachments

• rear extension.pdf
    778.3 KB · Views: 144
  • rebuilding of period victorian terraced.pdf
    741.9 KB · Views: 147
  • 3 bed detached holiday home lodge.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 167
Sponsored Links
I donate to the RSPCA , they do a good job,some animals are more deserving than some human beings.

As far as I can see, Just Giving is not a charity. It’s a private company. Private companies are there to make a profit. Yes, it takes a fee for processing donations to other charities but then it does all the work in claiming tax relief so for every £1 you donate via them, they claim the tax relief for you so that your £1 becomes worth £1.20 to the charity you are donating to. They then take their fees from those donations. I can’t see anything wrong with that.

It’s a big business turning over £20 million + per year. How much would you want to be paid if it was your company?

Sponsored Links
I do not donate money to any charity. Every single one creams off donations to pay idiotic sums to their directors etc. I also seriously disagree with all the television adverts that ask £3 a month. Sorry not from me EVER. I do voluntary work for a couple charities and that way I know that my time contributions are directly benefitting the people that the charity is there for.

Back