Chubb Badged Windsor 500 Intruder Alarm.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all..

I’m hoping someone can help with an issue I have.

I’ve just purchased and moved into a domestic property that has a Chubb badged Guardall Windsor CA500 intruder alarm Installed. I was given a user PIN by the previous owner, but he did not know the engineer PIN. I don’t even know if the Engineer PIN of the day is active or not.

I have the programming manual, which details defaulting the configuration and the user PINs, but there is not any information on how to default the entire system including the engineer pin/pin of the day. I suspect there is a way to default the entire system, but for obvious reasons this is not documented. I've even contacted the manufacturer of the system for help. I was told that this model had been discontinued and was no longer supported.

I need to remove a number of PIR’s and install new ones and so need access to the engineers setup. I don’t want to pay Chubb a large sum of money to send an engineer out.. And they probably won’t want to remove the pin of the day anyway.. So, failing all else, I’ll have to install a new panel, which is a total waste of money and not particularly good for the environment either.

I understand that this panel is very old and obsolete, however it still functions perfectly. Does anyone know the reset procedure to remove the engineer PIN for this panel please? By private email if necessary.

Thanks for any information you can provide..

John

Sponsored Links
Horrible panel .... You don't need the engineer code to change detectors , turn it off with your code when the tamper activates , reset after

Thanks for the replies..

Europlex - I'm not sure what you mean. I know it's an engineering function.. I need to know how to reset the engineer pin to factory default, if this is possible.

Sparkymarka - I also need to remove devices.. Door contacts, remote keypad and a viper sensor that is currently installed in the garage. I would have thought that the config would have to be programmed to reflect these changes. If not, then maybe I can manage without the engineer pin.

Thanks..

Sponsored Links
You can link out the zones at the panel or expander with a 8k ? Resistor ..... The keypad ....not sure if it's got an address ..... Worst case wire it back in on a short lead at the control panel ....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back