Citreon Picasso shake

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning gents.

Wonder if you could help me with this one. I've got a 2.0 Diesel Citroen Picasso, Y Reg with 59,000 on the clock. For about a week or so now it feels like there is a 'shake' of sorts when driving. The 'shake' is noticeable but not violent. It is there at low and high speed. I think it's coming from the engine area. I haven't noticed any new sounds, clucks, vibration noises etc.

I was wondering if it could be something as simple as an engine mount or something more 'expensive' such as a timing/cam belt?

I've got it on my 'to do' list to ring the garage today and get it booked in but I just thought I might be able to get some info from you guys to be armed with when I ring. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Blas.

Sponsored Links
does it do it when stood still? if not my guess would be wheel balance.

its amazing what a difference a weights falling off a wheel can have.

does it do it when stood still? if not my guess would be wheel balance.

its amazing what a difference a weights falling off a wheel can have.
Hmmm, this could be embarrassing as my wife suggested 'I think the wheels might need balancing'! To which I said, 'Nah, it wouldn't shake at such a low speed'.

To answer your question Tim, no I don't think it does do it when stood still. But would losing a wheel balance weight have such an effect at really low speed Tim? I mean REALLY slow speed?

You could have a lump on one of the tyres, delamination damage, after striking kerb or some other object, exaimine your tyres carefully, including the inner side of tyre's.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
Just an update guys.

Had the car in and there was a 'distorted' tyre on the back. Had two new ones put on (they were both nearing the limit).

Thanks very much lads. ;)

Back