citreon picasso

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking of buying a Picasso Desire, so i was wondering if there was anything i need to look out for. Having never owned a citreon before i have no idea what the engine or indeed the cars are like nowadays.
Cheers
Phill.[/quote]

Sponsored Links
Hello phill2, don't buy a 1.4 petrol they are gutless, otherwise it's the most popular MPV.
regards johnwr

Blimey Phill2,you can't spell Peugeot,and now get Citroen wrong!!Have you thought of buying a Ford?
Seriously though,johnwr is dead right,the Picasso is too heavy for anything less than 1600cc.All the peugeot-Citroen engines are very reliable and last well.The diesels are as good as the VW ones.Petrols are bombproof.Picasso is a good choice,capable of covering large distances in comfort.

Well yep both car spellings where wrong, i did it on purpose just to see if anyone spotted it, lol. :LOL:
thanx for the replys. I let you know what i got when i thought some more, cheers.
Phill.

Sponsored Links
Phill2,just as a follow up,the Picasso is not listed in "What car"with any less than 1.6 anyway.There is a 1.6 petrol and 1.6HDI and 2.0HDI.All excellent units,the 1.6HDI would be my choice with lowest co2 emissions and probably lower RFL. Air con not on all models,I wouldn't do without it these days.
No great problems stated except high depreciation.Look for discount if buying brand new.

Picasso's are supposed to handle like a shed on roller blades.

I've got the 1.8. Great for space but it does roll around like crazy and the MPG is appalling on this model at least - 28/29 on average :cry:

i have the 2 litre hdi xrara picasso .. it is a great family car 50 to the gallon high seats for the kids .
it is the best car i have ever had and will upgrade to a newer 1 wen this 1 dies on me . :)
i have had it 5 yrs now with no problem wot so ever. do not buy the petrol version only get the 2 litre version ..

2face said:
it is the best car i have ever had and will upgrade to a newer 1 wen this 1 dies on me . :)
I have the 2.0HDI diesel, 47-51mpg around town, the best was 67mpg on a 3hrs journey!

Have you seen the new 1.6HDI diesel :?: , 20bhp more & economical than the 2.0 :!: Not sure if it would be underpower :confused:

how do u get mpg like that you must drive slowly, i would only buy a 2L HDI all the rest are so slow.

How on Earth can you get 67mpg on a 3hr journey? Was part of it on a recovery waggon?
We've got a 2.0 hdi and there is always some niggling little fault apart from having renewed the cambelt, tensioner, water pump, radiator and exhaust in the space of three years. Not the best car we"ve ever had. I wish the Japs made something of the same size and I'd buy one. :cry:

dorset972 said:
How on Earth can you get 67mpg on a 3hr journey? Was part of it on a recovery waggon?
:LOL: My picasso doesn't know what a recovery waggon is ;)
I'm light footed driver and very rarely touch the brake pedal plus the right tyre pressure can make all the difference & the strong wind behind you :LOL:

FUEL CONSUMPTION: [2.0 HDi] [urban] 40.4mpg / [extra urban] 61.4mpg/ [combined] 51.4mpg

Even the new model 1.6HDi does 66mpg combined so it can be done, just has a quick look and I think the 16 HDi taken over the discontinue 2.0HDi :confused: :cry: I maybe wrong though, 3 of my friends who have them are very pleased with it so far.
We've got a 2.0 hdi and there is always some niggling little fault apart from having renewed the cambelt, tensioner, water pump, radiator and exhaust in the space of three years. Not the best car we"ve ever had. I wish the Japs made something of the same size and I'd buy one. :cry:
I'm on my 2nd picasso and not has any problem apart from one of the rear seat belt was jammed. I suppose it's the luck of the draw.

I've found the japs cars are expensive and servicing are very high :cry:

My mum 6yrs old Nissan mirca just has a service and cost £294 from the main dealer and done 16,000 miles :eek:

Jap cars tend to be more expensive because they are built better and don't break down. We had two Toyota Corollas before our Picasso and they only needed servicing and never gave any nasty surprises. Serves us right for getting a family and needing a bigger car.
We may look at a VW transporter as they don't have so many fancy extras to go wrong and they're pretty big. I bet I can't get 67mpg out of one though!!! :D :D

If you get the right Transporter depreciation will be very low indeed- nothing like the Picasso or any Citroen which depreciate like crazy.
Biggest cost of a motor over time is depreciation

Sponsored Links
Back