Citroen Berlingo Diesel engine oil change mess up!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 1999 multispace (same as van) and I have drained the gear oil by mistake. I can not see where I refill this oil??
I took out the wrong sump plug first, trying to do a service!
Help. :cry:

PS. No I don't have a manual to hand.

Sponsored Links
Try looking for a level / filler plug on the front nearside corner of the 'box.
Often it has a 6mm square female hole in it, and a copper washer beneath.
John :)

I have a 1999 multispace (same as van) and I have drained the gear oil by mistake. I can not see where I refill this oil??

I would not think you would require a manual to tell the difference between the engine sump drain plug vs gearbox drain. :eek:

I would not think you would require a manual to tell the difference between the engine sump drain plug vs gearbox drain. :eek:

Yeah, I was one of those very, very few people that make mistakes!

Sponsored Links
Still - referring to a comment you made some time ago- it's a hard life in the Bahamas, eh ? :D

If its an XUD engine as John says the gearbox filler looks like one of the bolts that holds the gearbox end plate on, its at the bottom toward the front. Just fill it until the oil runs out. You may have to remove the wing mud shield.

Peter

If its an XUD engine as John says the gearbox filler looks like one of the bolts that holds the gearbox end plate on, its at the bottom toward the front. Just fill it until the oil runs out. You may have to remove the wing mud shield.

Peter

Yeah, I found it. Carefully disguised as an Engine Bolt (located out of sight under the battery tray??) :confused:
Cheers folks

Sponsored Links
Back