Citroen Dispatch Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if this is in the wrong section but new here.
Ive got a 2004 dispatch and the rear doors have been opening while im driving.they dont open right up but both doors come open and just wondered if this is a common problem and whats needed to rectify the problem,thx

Sponsored Links
Its only usually a problem if the van has been continuously overloaded and the floor is distorted a bit...have a look at the shoot bolts top and bottom - they will be adjustable to a certain degree, but they could need packing out if seriously worn. Cheers John :)

Its only usually a problem if the van has been continuously overloaded and the floor is distorted a bit...have a look at the shoot bolts top and bottom - they will be adjustable to a certain degree, but they could need packing out if seriously worn. Cheers John :)

its not been overloaded and the shoot bolts seem ok but quite esy to push in.cant these be tighten in any way and thx for the replies

Sponsored Links
I can't comment about the Dispatch but I've just had a look at my Berlingo and it has a catch at the top and bottom of each door. These are spring loaded things, similar to car boot and bonnet catches. Maybe yours are similar - check to see that the catches still have their springs and that they are fully closing around the pegs of the keeps.
Can't think of anything else at the moment! Cheers John :)

they are engaging fully in both keeps. the springs seem a little weak but cant see how they release on a journey

maybe ill change the springs if its easy and cheap and see what happens

Back