Citroen dispatch rear seats

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I got my self a Citroen dispatch. 04 plate

I want two smallish rear seats in the back central to the 2 sliding side doors.

What is the process to fit them?

I've been told I will need to put plates in from under the van and bolt the seats on to them. (do they need to be welded on?)

Can I not screw into some thing from inside the van?

What seats can I use. Can I use old front seats for the breakers yard?

I welcome any advise

Cheers

Sponsored Links
cant help much with the process but the plates underneath are designed for extra strength and to spread the load. If you were to just put a nut and bolt in it could pull through the floor.

I've absolutely no wish to dampen your enthusiasm here, but I don't think its as simple as bolting some seats in.....I believe there has to be foot room incorporated i.e using seats with legs, unless there is a foot well in the vehicle. Naturally enough, seat belts must be incorporated!
Try somewhere like Fast Fit Nationwide for professional conversions and maybe take some ideas from there?
Another aspect may be to ask your insurers what they think of your idea?
John :)

I've seen dispatch vans on EBay with the same set up. Seats with seatbelt on them. And they look like a good DIY job. I'm pretty sure process is to drill into the chassis and securely fix to that. Thanks for the advice anyhow :confused:

Sponsored Links
Another aspect may be to ask your insurers what they think of your idea?
You would definitely need to notify your insurance company as they could well refuse to pay out in event of a claim on account of your failure to notify them of material vehicle modifications.

Back