Citroen Picasso Power Steering problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My picasso has a P/S problem.

Was not used for 3 weeks. Then after this, when it was used the P/S was very heavy and hard to drive car. The fluid is fine. There are no leaks etc. Then after a few days, the P/S appears to be fine again!

My garage were after over £300 to replace the P/S pump, but im not sure if they are sure that this is the issue. However, now that the P/S appears to be good again, does anyone have any cluses as to what this could be/have been? The car is fine right now and seems silly putting it in a garage when there is nothing wrong with the P/S (at the moment).

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Not sure if the picasso has an electronic power steering system. If it does it is possible the fault can be cleared by having the electronics reprogrammed.

Hi

My picasso has a P/S problem.

Was not used for 3 weeks. Then after this, when it was used the P/S was very heavy and hard to drive car. The fluid is fine. There are no leaks etc. Then after a few days, the P/S appears to be fine again!

My garage were after over £300 to replace the P/S pump, but im not sure if they are sure that this is the issue. However, now that the P/S appears to be good again, does anyone have any cluses as to what this could be/have been? The car is fine right now and seems silly putting it in a garage when there is nothing wrong with the P/S (at the moment).

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hiya it's thex27tj July 2017 and my power steering came and went a few weeks ago and now again. After reading on a few sites and realising it was a common fault I mentioned this to citreon in Poole Dorset and they are repairing it and footing the whole bill. :)

Back