Citroen Relay not starting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI all,
My Relay van 1.9d W reg (2000) has decided that it doesn't like starting in the morning.
Was always dodgy during the coldest weather i.e constantly below freezing and when required I occasionally gave it a small spray of easystart. When the engine was warm it would start ok. Then when the weather was better would also start fine

However during the last wee bad spell it decided to stop alltogether.
The engine turns fine but there is no firing, not even a splutter.
It will start with easystart but i have been parking on a hill and jumping it every morning - not ideal.
Starts fine when the engine is warm.
Have changed the air and fuel filter.

Didn't bleed the syatem after changing fuel filter, just primed it with the hand pump, could there still be air in there?

Sponsored Links
Have you checked/changed the glow plugs? Ideally you need to disconnect each plug and measure its resistance to earth which should be about 1 ohm but you can do an approximate test by connecting a voltmeter between any of the glow plus and earth, turn the key to the glow plug position, if all the plugs are good you should have 10-11 volts, if its reading nearer 12 then someor all of them are u/s.
Peter

Sponsored Links
thanks for that, i wasn't sure how to go about testing the plugs. I was just going to get a set of ebay and see if they made a difference,

Back