CITY BREAK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Where in your opinion is a good destination for a city break - say 3 nights max 7 nights.

For me :

Long haul - Hong Kong is truly awesome

locally (ie Europe) - Belfast is stunning, friendly and interesting a real favorite of mine

Sponsored Links
Bruges is nice but, in my opinion, Paris is the world's best city.

Sponsored Links
Paris is indeed very nice, except for the people. It may be me, but for an international city they seem rude and unhelpful, unless you at least try to speak French.

I also like Amsterdam for a short break and Las Vegas for a week or so (unless you have unlimited funds :LOL:) Otherwise its Thailand, but obviously you need longer.

london ... get the lot there ... ... asylum seekers ... no english ... an if a god hotel awful food ....

seen it, done it, awful,......... DONT LONDON,,,...

paulbrown said:
It may be me, but for an international city they seem rude and unhelpful, unless you at least try to speak French.

Of course, if you get into a London cab, or go to McD's and start yakking in French, you will get a dose of the sort of Queen Mum/lovable cockney hospitality that won the war... ;)

Amsterdam is OK, but I find it a bit seedy and largely ruined by the number of British parties. Depends what sort of city break you are after really, but I would maybe steer back to Bruges again if your foreign languages aren't so good.

Like Paul said, you need longer for Thailand, but I believe you could be back by Christmas with good behaviour...

Venice, there's nowhere like it in the world. Absolutely amazing place, fly into Venice airport which is 2 hours from the Uk, 4 to 5 nights is just about right to have a good look round away from the tourist razamatazz

Very little crime, nice people, English spoken everywhere

johnny_t said:
Amsterdam is OK, but I find it a bit seedy and largely ruined by the number of British parties.

Try this town (south of The Netherlands, just 15 miles from Antwerp)
Lots of cafes, sunny terrases, historic buildings, lovely people ;)

Rome

all in walking distance, great food loads to see, great place

It's just got to be Rome. The finest city I've ever been to (only been back a few hours). Cheap too. It's got everything, absolutely everything. And those girls in tight jeans!

joe

Sponsored Links
Back