CK Modulo screwdrivers - snapped!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I bought a twin set of these maybe a year or so ago and found them very good - BUT in the last month I have managed to snap off part of the slotted head on both screw drivers!

I did a quick search and I see that others (including RF!) have had the same problem. Did you just put it down to wear and tear? I'm wondering whether to write to CK to see if I can get replacements - I can't believe that I should be capable of destroying them! I'm only a bird!

SB

Sponsored Links
I don't think the Chinese screwdrivers are that good, get German made VDE screwdrivers such as Witte. Buy cheap, buy twice.

They are German :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I would contact C.K. The warranty is for life against imperfect materials or workmanship. You should be able to argue that this isn't normal wear and tear.

I can't see made in Germany or the German flag on anything to do with them.
Do CK say they are made in Germany or just that they are GS approved?

Sponsored Links
There are lots of once proud german brands that now outsource production to china. Doesn't mean its bad though as some of its is great quality especially for the price but it doesn't sound like CK Modulo have used a good factory.

They should do something about it, they can afford to replace 4 out of ten screwdrivers at the price they come in from the far east for.

A century of tools

C.K tools can be traced back to Germany 100 years ago when, in 1904, Carl Kämmerling set up his own business in Wuppertal selling tools under the C.K brand. Since this time C.K tools have been supplied around the World.

While our brand has a strong heritage, and traditional values are important to us – we are still owned by the descendants of the man who started it all - we are constantly aiming to move on. We believe in adding value to our brand through quality and innovation, and work hard to find out how we can update and improve our tools by asking the people who use them.

Country of Origin: Germany
Country in which last significant manufacturing process was carried out: DE Germany

Read the website and the quote, where did it say that their screwdrivers are made in Germany?

a lot of screwdrivers these days have hardened tips. If they got the hardening depth wrong the steel might be brittle and prone to break. Certainly worth approaching the maker and saying they do not appear to have given reasonable service. Obviously assuming you did not buy them on Fleabay from Mr. ShadyKnockoffs.

My apologies, they have outsourced so much product that I assumed the same applied here.

I'll be interested to hear your reply, I have a set of two and one of them has snapped off within 6 months of use.

I thought it was due to the screw being slightly of an incorrect size.

They could still be buying in the metal part of the screwdriver in bulk from china and fitting the handle and packaging the end product. This means they can use the 'made in germany' selling feature even though the core part of the product is chinese. This reduces their costs and allows them to compete more effectively with completely chinese products without the price premium being too dramatic.

I'm not saying this is happening here but its certainly possible. Lets face it if this product is actually fully german it doesn't say much for their manufacturing process or quality control. Frankly you might as well buy chinese.

Except that you would expect better service and warranty from a company with a high-quality brand name to protect.

You can also write to them more easily.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back