Claim Of Faulty Landrover/Range Rover - Buyer Unhappy

Sponsored Links
I bought a pre reg Jag X Type. I'd assume the warrantees are the same. They didn't offer an extension past that as some do so had to go elsewhere. If in the original from new warrantee which pre reg are they should fully repair it - no argument. One from elsewhere - problems getting them to cover main agents hourly rates. It costs and may turn out to be not as good as lit looks. In my case when I had a problem in the extended one a main agent fiddled around with the bill so that I did get full costs.

Two sides to every story

bloke probably has a history of whinging about any thing he has bought ????????

get it fixed than send em a bill

there after file in the county court

About extended warranties. I helped a work chum get one for a 'piece of mind.'

He had a Merc, E 350 I think, He went for a 3 year stint, top tier and paid extra to ensure it covered MB repair rates. I also recall the warranty included 'consequential damage.' as many don't we found out. It did not cover wear and tear on tyres, brakes, exhaust etc and even new car warranty does not cover that nor the battery i think. He never needed to out it to the test. I think when the car was 6 years old, the warranty covered parts on a sliding scare ie the older the car the less they pay and mileage limitations.

Range Rovers are very complex cars and have lots of niggles especially if you but used and one that is more than a year old with more than a couple of k's on the clock. We are on our second Range Rover, the proper one a Range Rover. We hardly drive the thing and it has full LR service but the dash lights up light an areoplane and once these things go wrong, I guess even LR have problems sorting out hard to locate faults. Its the same with the Bentley cars especailly the Arnage as sis sold their when it was four years old as it got fault after niggly fauly the car still drove but it was a money pit but they also run a soilver spur, that has been problem-free and dash on these Benetleys light up like a rocket ship and the purr when the thing fires up is soooooooooo satisfying.

If you want a realtviely realble used car outdside the maufactires warranty, get a one owner, fuuly services looked after toyota/lexus or Hyundia both give 5 or 7 year warranty but the bottom line the are not Range rovers or Benetleys but nice cars if you've never owned a Range Rover or Bentley as it is a massive step down

Mercs, E class upwards, bought new and looked after are pretty reliable if depending on mileage as they are made for long runs or give them a long run every 2/3 weeks if city driving to clear dpf.

If you like the purr or more like an american grunt from your car, get a Jeep Grand Cheerokee we bought a brand new one overland in 2007, mist that car but it was a gas guzzler and took corners like a drunk but striahgt line stuff and the presence was good and car we had for two years never gave us a problem but mpg around town in cold was 13mpg

Sponsored Links
mate picked me up in his year old vogue tonight . oh i see you have it back how long was it in getting fixed . Just short of 2 months but they gave me a discovery while it was in

They're called off-road vehicles for a reason. They spend a lot of time off the road!

Like the comment on the DF page:

As the saying goes, 'If you want to go into the desert, get a Range Rover, if you want to get out again, buy a Toyota.'

Back