Clamping two pieces of wood together temporarily

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to build a quick rough and ready canopy frame for a wooden sleigh bed without damaging the bed itself by screwing or gluing anything to it. Since I can't use cable ties or anything to tie the vertical pieces of the canopy frame to the bed (since there are no 'bed posts' I was thinking to use a few g-clamps to temporarily secure it altogether. But is there a cheaper type of fitting or clamp? I'd rather not buy 8 clamps I will never use...

Sponsored Links
You don't say whay section timber you are talking about. Would springs clamps, a la market trader, do the job? Available up to about 3in capacity and cheap as chips. Alternatively, what's wrong with screws?

Sponsored Links
Your kind of asking the impossible, you want to build a canpoy over a bed which needs supporting, you don't want to use screws, you don't want to use glue, you don't want to use cable ties and you don't want to pay for G clamps :confused:

How about Blu-tac

double sided tape is a better option.

There are some very heavy duty ones out there but it will cost more than buying clamps

all of you have given the op wrong advice.............

SKY HOOKS IS THE WAY TO GO.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back