Glue for attaching parquet pieces together

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have some recovered parquet flooring pieces that I recovered from a house I doing up. It was laid initially in tile format in the pieces stuck together in large tile like blocks but obviously it came up in pieces and I have the bitumen removed from the back.
I now want to reuse this flooring on a new concrete floor that I had installed but to reduce the tedium of putting down the pieces one at a time I want to put them together in 2 tile blocks at right angles to each other. What would be the best glue to glue the pieces together, I was thinking of using the wood glue used for gluing the laminated floor together.

Sponsored Links
Tks for your reply but its not to attach the parquet to the concrete base but to attach the fingers together to make up in sections

I'm afraid that does not work, there are no T&G in the fingers - you should apply Basicoll to the underfloor and then press the fingers into the glue

Sponsored Links
I want to prepare the fingers into tiles and let the glue harden before I install them, all I’m doing is making the process easier for the laying of them and I will be doing this on a flat table with a frame to keep them square and tight .....but don’t the new parquet come in tiled form any idea of what type of glue is used to glue them together or does it matter what type used. I of course will be setting the parquet in the required glue when put on the concrete with the required sealer.

You're making your life harder than needed. No glue will hold the fingers together, it is quite easier to glue them straight on to the subfloor - you'll get the hang of it soon.
As they did here in this case-study

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back