Clay drain replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a flooring contractor level my floor today but in the process the chipped back one of the clay drains for my downstairs toilet.

Any suggestions for how I can fix it please?

It’s 100mm internal and they’ve left a gap around it so it can be fixed.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 2A0D5124-EC65-4F19-82B8-D017EAC28A8C.jpeg
    2A0D5124-EC65-4F19-82B8-D017EAC28A8C.jpeg
    240.9 KB · Views: 345
Sponsored Links
There are various clay to plastic converters available 150mm to 110 mm if that fits your drain.

If the contractor damaged it you might want to advise him that you will recover the cost from him.

Check there are no stray pieces of clay in the drain as they will cause a blockage when everything is running again, best to rod or flush the whole run as they could be anywhere downstream.

Blup

Thanks. The contractors were great and did a brilliant job (apart from the drain).

I can only find McAlpine DC1-BL Drain Connector - and they are black. Is that the sort it thing you meant does anyone do white do you know?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Last edited:
As a DIYER I would want to fit a single flexible piece, cut to size as appropriate, connecting the wc pan and the clay pipe to minimise the number of joins needed.

Blup

You could just clean out the collar and mortar some plastic pipe into that.

Thanks. I’ve put a McAllen’s extension in it and self levelled round it. It went in quite deep so hopefully it’ll be ok.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back