Clean moss from tiles on a lean to roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can I have some advice on how I should clear moss from a lean-to roof please.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I assumed that I need a solution of some type? Particularly to get rid of the colouring on the tiles. Is this not the case?

Sponsored Links
Hi Jupiter, simply brush off the loose stuff with a very stiff brush and for the hard baked on simply get a wire brush and that should do. It’s time consuming but it will look better. Also have a look at treating the roof to properla fungicide sealer. Works a treat. And it won’t grow back.

The product penetrates the tile and seals it. Nothing can then attach its self to it not even rain. Go to there web page properla, German engineering at its best.

Should I be using hot soapy water in the initial clean phase?

No , don’t wet it . It makes it harder to remove. Clogs all the brushes up and makes a terrible mess , that will take longer to clean.Make the most of dry conditions for the next week.

When you next clean your roof, coat it with properla. Check the website out! I use it to seal roofs,patios wall and concrete anything you just don’t get any comeback. It’s expensive but works out cheaper in the long run.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back