Cleaning external foor pavers inside a resi development?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The apartment building I live in has a large internal atrium and foyer that has these floor 'slab/ pavers' that have been down for about 8 years.

Over this time the managing agents have tried repeatedly to clean them up but they only get worse. They have tried to clean and seal them in certain areas as trials but this was unsuccessful. I am not sure what products they have tried.

Clearly they should never have been used in an internal environment that does not 'benefit' from being cleaned by the rain and can't be power washed etc.

Replacing the flooring in an expensive option but are there alternative options?

The entrance lobby that suffered the worst has already been replaced by some limestone tiles which cost around £5k. To replace the rest of the building is going to cost around £50k.

Will any sort of chemical clean them up? Will we be able to seal them? Will painting them be an option? I was thinking of something like an industrial floor paint but again, can this be cleaned properly?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Bump?!

Any chemicals around that will bring this flooring up? I have seen some indoor power washing spray heads that also remove the majority of the water.

Any experience of these?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back