1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Cleaning out an Adey Magnaclean 2

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by britishboy7, 21 Oct 2020.

1. britishboy7

britishboy7

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    As above, will be cleaning out the Magnaclean 2 we had fitted with our boiler, should i top it back up with a bottle of MC1 inhibitor while its off being cleaned?

2. Sponsored Links
  3. muggles

muggles

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    No, a bottle of MC1 is there to treat 120 litres of system water, the 10ml you might spill whilst cleaning out the Magnaclean isn't going to make much difference

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. britishboy7

britishboy7

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Ahh OK thanks Muggles, only asked as i watched a video tutorial on how to do it (I'm not a plumber so needed to see how its done) and they said to top it up with MC1. I did wonder that, only dropping a bit of water out the system and needing to fill it with inhibitor

Thanks mate

5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local