Mixing adey and centinel chemicals

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all . Had magnaclean installed and guy topped up with adey inhibitor . This will have mixed with the x100 that was in the system prior as it wasn’t all drained .
Have read mixed things about this . Also I have some x400 I want to run through the systems and then flush etc .
Has anyone mixed the above ? Thanks

Sponsored Links
if i went to a system with no previous history i would have no idea of what make has been put in previously,so presumed they can all mix ok.never had an issue in 30 years

That’s what I assumed . Come to think of it I topped up with x100 last year after draining the undefloor heating with no ill affect . Have you used x400 ok In a system with mystery chemicals ?

It woiuld be better to drain the system, getting rid of the unknown chemicals, then refill with fresh water to which you add the X400. Leave this in for at least a week (there's no time limit, but it's effectiveness reduces after a few weeks). Then drain, refill and add X100 inhibitor.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back