Cleaning tools - do you do it?

5 minutes putting your tools away properly saves you 30 minutes and a lot of stress the next time you go to use them.

Sponsored Links
A place for the tool and every tool in its place.

That's my theory.

The practice however is "where the F^*& is my screwdriver" etc lol

I want to find the little bloke who moves my tools about when my back is turned. Half inch chisel's on the bench? No it's back in the rack.

He always seems particularly active when I'm lying on my back under a car. I know that socket was just under my left hand, but no, it's back on the bench. . .

I want to find the little bloke who moves my tools about when my back is turned. Half inch chisel's on the bench? No it's back in the rack.

He always seems particularly active when I'm lying on my back under a car. I know that socket was just under my left hand, but no, it's back on the bench. . .

He must come round my house too, I always have to have at least three pencils and tape measures when I do a job ;)

Sponsored Links
I do the pencils and tapes thing as well! :)
Somewhere here there must be loads of pencils. . .:)

I'm not the tidiest or most organised of people by a long stretch, but there are a couple of things that I do;

1) The electric saws (mitre, bench, jig, circular) get a good hoovering before I put them away. It's not just the mess, but that I know how flammable sawdust is (plus I do some welding, so not a good combination)
2) I oil the beds of my pillar drills and scroll saw, and give most of the drill bits and drill chucks a scoosh of WD40 every month or so

Jeez - reading that makes it seem like I have OCD, but one look at my garage would disprove that!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back