Cleaning up marks from fireplace flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We have a gas fireplace that has a round metal flue coming out through the brickwork to the outside. Underneath this flue, the brickwork has been stained (possibly by the heat). It's now a dirty brown colour, which looks like someone has set fire to it.

Does anyone know how I can get this staining off the brickwork? I imagine it would be the same staining sustained through fire damage.

Long shot.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Does this metal flue come out at the top of a chimney stack?

Is it the brickwork stained, or is it the internal decorations?

It`s from the rust of the cage that should be fitted to it so you`d be well advised to get it checked by a Corgi

Thanks for the replies.

It comes out of the outside wall about 2 ft from the groung (directly the other side of the wall from the inside fireplace).

The brickwork is stained, not the internal decoration.

There is a cage around it, but why would rust mean I'd have to get a Corgi plumber to look at it?

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
This sounds like a balanced flue appliance, so it would be best to get it checked by a Corgi registered engineer.

This staining should not occur

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back