Cleaning windows without streaks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does getting a good result depend on getting a good squeegee (spelling?!) or is it technique? The one I have seems a bit floppy in the rubber department - i am wondering if I need a harder rubber edge....

Any guidance on getting a good result? I now live by the sea so find myself being prompted to wash the outsides a lot more!

Sponsored Links
Finish off with a chamois leather! (Proper one not synthetic)

Nozzle

Thanks. Shouldn't a good squeegee do the removing of the water that the chamois would anyway? Never been clear what the leather does!

Some of my windows are not accessible enough to leather (over conservatories, for example)

The leather distributes the water to small enough droplets so when they evaporate (leaving residue behind) the dots of reside are small enough to not see.

Nozzle

Sponsored Links
Modern equivalent of a chamois = micro porous cleaning cloth, which can be bought for pennies at a number of outlets. Use only water as a cleaning medium, use it on the glass, the frame etc. and no streaking...pinenot :)

any windowlene squirty stuff (other brands are available) and scrunch up a page or 2 of your local free paper. for a streak free finish!

good tip for the car as well....

Rob

any windowlene squirty stuff (other brands are available) and scrunch up a page or 2 of your local free paper. for a streak free finish!

good tip for the car as well....

Rob

I have heard this before, but why does this work? Seems so easy, yet I personally do not know anyone that does.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back