Clear or obscure glass in new porch??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi again

Just wondered what the consenus was on this. We're having a double porch built so we get two windows-obe big and one small. The big one will be next to door with the small one around the side. Have seen quite a few nearby with clear but just wanted to see what the experts feel.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I think it depends how far you are away from the road or footpaths. I have clear glass in my front door so that I can see what's going on in the front garden (!) and I'm happy with it, but a few friends/neighbours have commented that it's not their cup of tea.

Are you a 'net curtain' kind of guy?

There is no regulatory requirement, and in the context of what a porch is, and intended to be used for, then there is no need for obscure glass.

Many thanks

Not a "net curtain" kind of guy but was thinking about people being able to see mail piled up if we were on holiday etc etc.

Er indoors can't make up her mind so has passed the buck to me.

Sponsored Links
You could have clear glass with a blind? or fit 'one way film' on the inside?

Just a thought.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back