Clear silicone sealant round the edge of a Karndean floor staying shiny

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Was wondering if anyones had this before. A fitter put down some Karndean in my bathroom and did a nice job on it. He sealed the edges with a clear (I assume silicone) sealant. It was very shiny when he finished but he assured me it would dull down and not be noticeable after a few days. 7 days later the sealant is still as shiny as it was and looks a bit crap round the edge of the floor. It looks like a disciplined slug has been round the edge of the bathroom and left a trail.

Anyone else had this ? Would I need to leave it even longer to find out if its going to go dull and less visible ? The guy who runs the flooring company said he would check with the fitter to find out if he had some dodgy sealant. Im thinking of telling them to take it off and reseal it.

Cheers

Mungo

Sponsored Links
How thick is it put on. I sometimes do it in bathrooms with a micro bead. I always cut everything in tight though.

About 3 or 4mm wide I guess. About the same width / thickness that Ive got round the edge of the bath

Sponsored Links
To thick. I only do it round ceramics and toilet but I don’t cut anything off the nossle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back