Clear waterproofing for outdoor workshop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have this 5 year old wooden workshop clad in pressure treated tongue and groove.

In previous years I have applied the clear version of Dacrylate Nordac Timber Protection: http://www.dacrylate.co.uk/Products/Wood/52Line.html

It was great and the rain just beaded off it, but it's become worn and needs a recoat before the autumn.

But Dacrylate they tell me the clear version has now been discontinued, with only coloured versions available. I don't really want to go coloured as I like the aged look the workshop now has.

So i'm after an alternative.

I've seen Ronseal Total Wood Preserver but it says on their website "does not provide waterproofing protection." Seems a bit daft for an outdoor product?

There's Thompson waterseal, but reviews on Amazon mention formula has changed and it's not as good as it used to be?

So was wondering if any has a clear waterproofing solution that I could consider?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the link, but sadly time is at a premium and I really need an off the shelf product. :(

Sponsored Links
Sadolin clear wood preserver....probably the best outdoor products available.
John :)
Thanks John,

But isn't this just the same product as the Ronseal Total Wood Preserver, ie not a waterproofer?

from the Sadolin website......

Sadolin Wood Preserver is a wood preservative for use against wood rotting fungi and wood destroying insects. For use on interior and exterior wood out of ground contact or out of surface water contact. Exterior timber treated with Sadolin Wood Preserver must be subsequently coated with an exterior woodstain or paint.

Ah, I see what you mean......!
How about Extra Durable Clearcoat? Somewhat less of a varnish, more of a soak in product, if I recall.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back