Clearing a 25mm MDPE Blue Water Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have any tips on how to clean a buried 25mm MDPE Blue Water Pipe. Its approx 80m long - its a cold water supply from a spring and peat lines the inside of the pipe after a few years. It has a drop of about 10m from the spring and I have the facility to blast water through it at 3 Bar back from the house to the spring but the flow rate is still very poor. I have thought about 'pigging' it with a ball bearing but worried I might get it stuck - any ideas

thanks

Jim C

Sponsored Links
Check if there is stopvalve, gate valve or lever valve isn't clogged.

At 3 bars, that is fine, but you need to put more flow in it to clear it.

Pigging with a ball bearing might be a good idea but risk getting stuck. You will need a strong air pressure to push it all the way to the end. 80 metres long, wow.

At 10 metres, that will give you about 1 bar pressure which with 25mm size will give you slight poor flow.

Daniel.

Something like a drain snake (new of course) might do the trick - might be difficult to find one with a full 10m reach - are both ends of the pipe accessible?

The business end might need to be trimmed down to fit the MDPE bore

Why are you two talking about 10 m ?

He says its 80 m long!

Sponsored Links
Eyesight must be failing - I could have sworn that when I read that post it said 10m!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back