Clearing an airlock in a macerator

Thanks Newboy. The unit was open/detached overnight before I made my reconnection mistake. I've just now removed the shower and wash basin traps, neither of which have AAV, but am still suffering the same noise. It sounds as though either water or air is gurgling into the unit.

Just as belt and braces... Have you checked that the flush valve or fill valve aren't letting by in the cistern?

Sponsored Links
Thanks newboy

I've had a go. Below the carbon filter there's a sort of plastic donut shaped disc with a stud in the middle. Disc looks to be at an angle. Cleaned some crap from around the disc's edge and pressed gently down on it towards the slope mainly, but nothing's changed. I' try spraying some water over the disc in case this might clean it a bit.

You mentioned MI showing this symptom. I spoke with Saniflo this am. The guy mentioned possible water remaining in the bottom of the pump but really only wanted me to contact the area engineer. Can you direct me to the MI you referred to as Sanifloman claimed no knowledge.

Thanks

My attempted cleaning of the AAV didn't change anything. Spoke to Saniflo again and also their local appointed engineer. Both majored on the pump stack and the non-return valve at the head of the unit. Saniflo think the non-return valve is slightly jammed open creating a syphon which eventually breaks, causing some of the lifted material to fall back into the tanks. The engineer, considers there's no problem; because I've a gravity feed waste flow from the valve, a syphon is created which when it breaks, causes the remaining material that's still hovering to pass the non-return value to fall back. So same physics going on inside it seems!!

My thinking is to remove the non-return valve at the head, clean and check it and see if it makes any difference.

All plans approved by the relevant authorities, When the council work crew arrived they immediately said. ""Cannot be done. The sewer there is cast iron and too close to the surface for a saddle to be fitted. "

In all my years of sewer work, I have never heard of a cast iron sewer. Are you sure you didn't tap into a redundant water main?? :eek:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back