Clio Mk2 front disc breaks sticking!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, apologies if this has already been posted/answered but i have been searching the Internet for a couple of days now, and still not come up with a solution to my problem.

Basically, my car has been off road for a year/sitting in the drive and i have begun attempting to get it back on the road. Everything was going fine until i took it for a test run and there was an obvious metallic scrapping from the front two wheels. On further inspection i could see that both front breaks where still slightly applied to the wheels.

I thought this would be a quick fix, thinking that it was simply just rusted break calipers & pads which were resulting in the lack of release from the wheels. I gave the calipers, connections, pads a good sand & dust down and lubed in the right places but the sticking of the breaks still persists. Also, break fluid levels are still at a decent level! Also the "break piston"? i can push in, with a bit of force, with my hand.

Just wondering if anyone has an wise ideas as to what may be causing the problem?

Car: Renault Clio (II) 1999 - 1.2l

Sponsored Links
I think you are completely on the right lines with your diagnosis and treatment, and I assume that you did remove the pads from the calipers to clean them - and not just wire brushed them from the outside!
Bear in mind that the disc itself will have a corroded area where the pads have been touching....this could wear away with use but more likely a pair of new discs would be a good idea.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Back