Cloakroom Toilet and sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there.

We are looking at changing our utility back into a downstairs toilet. Years ago, we removed the toilet to have the space as a entry type area. We have now realised that a downstairs toilet is worth far more when it comes to moving.

The waste for the toilet is in the floor and so relatively simple to re-fit a toilet.. however, I can not recall if there was a sink in there. Ideally we would like one, but with nowhere for it to drain I don't really know where to route the waste. Im guessing that sending it into the floor with the toilet waste wouldn't be really an option - unless someone has any idea how I could attach the waste from the sink into either the toilet waste or into the manhole for the waste itself.

Other option is to leave a sink which wouldnt be ideal.. so basically.. any ideas how I could route the waste from the sink into the toilet.... with no stack to put it into.

Ive attached pics to show how close the man hole is to the outside wall where the toilet and sink would be ... the 2nd pic shows what appears the neighbours have done and sent it into the floor and into the manhole.... is that acceptable to do??

Thanks
Dougie

Attachments

• IMG_0408.JPG
    IMG_0408.JPG
    425.6 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_6851.JPG
    IMG_6851.JPG
    406.6 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
8C97D6F4-E8C7-4016-9DDE-143F63C7995A.jpeg
Something like one of these? I have something similar in my workshop - takes a sink and washing machine waste.

Sponsored Links
Would be a good idea to use an antisphon/self sealing trap in the basin if you're going to use the pan connector fitting.

9C9D35AD-F329-4F03-9ABC-D2489EE201F0.jpeg
Something like one of these? I have something similar in my workshop - takes a sink and washing machine waste.

This is what we have in work. Top pipe feeds three sinks/basins and the bottom one a washing machine.

Attachments

• 718E7C69-7C70-45CA-B795-9FF47408BD42.jpeg
    718E7C69-7C70-45CA-B795-9FF47408BD42.jpeg
    194.7 KB · Views: 319

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back