clock blowing fuse on s-plan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just fitted an s-plan controls pack. getting power to clock. as soon as i switch on heating or hot water- 3amp fuse blows. all wired to the book. any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
Fuse blowing sounds like a dead short, have you got a neutral connected wrong somewhere?.....for example at your room stat or one of the motorised valves.

all the neutrals are together. but theres loads of em pushed together in the tame wiring center terminal. il ave a look at tommorow. thought it might be that. wired to honeywell wiring guide. never let me down before so i reckon one of the neutrals isnt making contact. cheers.

Sponsored Links
Makesure no strands of wire hanging out and touching easily don e

A 'neutral' not making contact creates a 'open circuit'.
If a 'neutral' is making contact with a 'live' which it shouldn't be then that is a 'short circuit'
:rolleyes:

one of those so called neutrals may be an unflagged live ie a return from
a stat, or some other switching device

your right mate. had the neutral wired into the switch live on the room stat. what a div! oh well i was knackered at the time. Werent with it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back