close couple

H

hav it

will i get away with fitting a pan connector in here for a close couple toilet.
074.jpg

Sponsored Links
unlikely. You will most probably have a few inches gap between the cistern and the wall even with a swan neck pan connector. You can always Fill the gap with a bit of wood though

yeah thats not a prob,was thinking more about connecting up to the floor waste.

Sponsored Links
Anyone know if a pan connector will push into floor waste thats currently in this pic after this pan is removed.

I've never had a problem in this respect. As has been said a swan neck pan connector would be best for this. They tend to be the same internal diameter as the modern plastic ones. As the pan connector will make internal contact that is what you need.

When you remove the toilet you may need to break it up to prevent damage to the soil pipe. At the earliest opportunity put a rag down there to catch any broken porcelain.

It's quite likely that there could be a swept bend immediately below the surface depending on how deep the drain is. If that is the case then you'll need to make contact in the first few inches of the pipe. Then preserving its condition at the top is critical.

its upstairs in a house and the soil stack is in that box at the back of the toilet if that helps cheers

its upstairs in a house and the soil stack is in that box at the back of the toilet if that helps cheers

Right, in that case there most likely will be a swept bend after the pan connector goes in.

When you remove the toilet you will find that the collar visible in the picture will be far too big a diameter to accept a pan connector. However the pan connector will fit into the indernal dia of the pipe itself.

When I'm doing one of these I usually finish off the gap between the collar and the pan connector with silicone. You'll need a lot but it will cure and when smoothed down with a plastic spatula it will help form a good seal and tidy the whole thing up a bit.

The trick is to have the pan connector the right depth.

Will I still need the rubber seal on the pan connecter that pushes into the internal slot.

Yes you will need the seal on the pan connector pushed into the soil pipe then seal as said above. Looks like you will be able to fit the wc flush to wall.

Or you could cut the collar off the soil pipe under the floorboard level and then an extension multikwik and a 90 degree pan connector will look a lot better but depends what room you have.

Make sure when the connector is pushed into the soilpipe it does not restrict the flow if it is an imediate bend into the main stack.

hi just an update, got it out today, the only problem i had was a swan neck was to short and normal 90 was also to short due to cast hitting wc and stopping it from going back. Due to it being the only w.c in house iv temp fitted it with a swan neck and a straight couple,while i think of a solution,it will need to be moved out for tiles
ect.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back