Cloud9 on stairs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm talking underlay here - not my state of mind :LOL:

Getting new carpets for lounge, a bedroom and hall/stairs.

Settled on Cumulus for the lounge/bedroom but don't know if it is the best for the stairs. Super Conract is a tad 'firmer' and may be more suited to the stairs - but I want the best noise reduction I can get.

Anyone used both and seen any difference or care to suggest which is more popular in the trade?

Cheers

Homer

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply - now I'm confused :p

Sent an e-mail to tradepriced.co.uk last night just before leaving work [they have decent prices for the Cloud9 range] and just got a reply in this morning

Thank you.
Cumulus will be best for feel and impact noise reduction.
Regards
Mark Pearson

I'm guessing Cumulus may be more "luxurious" to start with - but Super Contract will take better to the pounding feet in the longer term?

Homer

contract is more firm giving better wear. As for noise there will be very little between them maybe 1/4 db or something.

Sponsored Links
I've used Cloud 9 Cumulus for our complete house recently accept on the stairs. I'm very happy with the 11mm but I thought it might go flat on the stairs so I went for a Duralay rubber underlay.

Cloud 9 Cumulus is a very good underlay but a little to thick and soft for alot of carpets which can lead to a few problems later on with the life of the carpet. As for duralay you cant go wrong so good choice on the stairs. Not knocking you by the way on the cloud nine. Got in my house to.

I agree with you!

Cloud 9 purchases on the internet tend to be very good value - this is why I purchased Cloud 9.

What would be the best type of underlay, is the Duo felt and rubber ones any good?

What would you recommend instead?

Cloud nine is fine or duralay full rubber are my favorite. If cloud nine go for the 9mm. Think its called cirrus. not sure tho without checking and not at work. .Comes in blue bag

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back