CLS frame for electric fireplace - weight limits?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

A newbie to DIY here, I’m building a media wall which will hold an electric fireplace on the base with a TV above.

The base is roughly 500mm in height, 3300mm width and 400mm depth and will contain storage. The fireplace will sit on top. I’m using 38mm x 63mm CLS C16 graded - is this sufficient to take the weight of the fireplace which is 85kg and measuring 311mm depth and 1600mm width?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
not quite understanding this is the cls on the floor ??
is it a 3300 unsupported span or a frame with many legs??
if its on the floor then perhaps a ladder frame at 0 400 800 1200 centres or 530 1060 or there abouts

Thanks that helps, ah yes I didn’t mention it will be a base ladder frame on the floor

is this a flat wall or an actual fireplace to build around ??
worth noting its not a good idea to build a tv or other electronic above a fire off any kind as excessive heat causes electronics to fail prematurely and that can be a get out clause in case off failure

Sponsored Links
It’s a flat wall and I’m building onto it with a CLS stud frame which is going to hold a 3 sided electric fire on the base, which is on the floor, and a floating chimney breast above with a TV housed in it. The chimney breast above is flush with the fire so according to instructions won’t need any clearance other than the standard keep away from fabrics in front etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back