Cls question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm putting in a wc downstairs and ordered 8 lengths of 3x2 from beatsons ...the order came today and instead of 3x2 it's 2x5 .....the guy says that it's clear and is standard for building partitions....but it looks a bit thin to me....is this suitable for building a partition wall and putting in a door frame.....I also have 12.5mm plaster board.....total width with the plaster board is 75mm

Sponsored Links
cls is 1/2" smaller than size as in 3x2 is 2.5x1.5 or 38/63/88mm as 4" at 3.5"

3 x 2 is generally 68~70 x 44mm finished sized in my experience, 4 x 2 comes in at 90 x 44mm approximately. For temporary works we do sometimes see an undersize CLS which is 68 x 34mm as well, but that's specifically sold for site temporary framing by our merchants. 3 x 2 CLS is strong enough, but 4 x 2 CLS is better and is often the minimum I use these days, in conjunction with either 12.5mm plasterboard or 15mm soundblock PB

Thanks.....I'm calling beatsons in the morning to tell them to come take it back and bring me the right stuff....I need to put in a door frame and a wall mounted sink where the waste and pipes hide inside the wall and it's just not wide enough

Sponsored Links
Back to this lol...not phoned beatsons yet...this cls is 63x38mm.....can I get a door frame kit to fit this without having to return it ail.....I'm using 12.5mm plater board both sides to gI've me 88mm

I'm putting in a wc downstairs and ordered 8 lengths of 3x2 from beatsons ...the order came today and instead of 3x2 it's 2x5 .....the guy says that it's clear and is standard for building partitions....but it looks a bit thin to me....is this suitable for building a partition wall and putting in a door frame.....I also have 12.5mm plaster board.....total width with the plaster board is 75mm
They supplied larger than you requested?

In what way?......I asked for 3x2 and got 2.5x1.5........unless you are referring to the mistake I made in the first post by writing 75mm............other than that I can't see what your on about......total width with plaster board is 88mm.

i think to make it easier to understand
if its quoted in inches its the preworked sawn stock size its machined from
so any timber thats planed or moulded will be between 3 and 12mm smaller
thats why 2x1"planed or par is actually 21x44but started as 2x1"[50.8x25.4mm]
so from wood yards ask what the "actual finished size" isif actual size is important
in general iff its in metric it tends to be the actual size but not always

In what way?......I asked for 3x2 and got 2.5x1.5........unless you are referring to the mistake I made in the first post by writing 75mm............other than that I can't see what your on about......total width with plaster board is 88mm.
you stated you received 2x5, ? a mistake?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back