Clubs

S

Sombrero

.. anyone a member of any club?

don't think I am.. don't do knitting, or whist.... maybe I should try archery?

But what do people get from joining a club?

Sponsored Links
Join a fishing club perhaps :?: Gives you access to certain waters that you cannot buy day tickets for, compete in matches if you wish, (or buy junior membership for your children and let them fish the junior matches). If your children were to join and do well in the matches, they could up getting picked to fish the junior national, although I think its 3 events a year now, and not 1 when I fished in it.

In my younger days I was a member of a .22 rifle club. Obviously, you then had access to a range and they let you use their rifles until you bought your own. I seem to remember going all the way down to London to buy a rifle, but I cannot now remember why I had to make such a long journey.

Sponsored Links
Well apart from getting a girl in the club :mrgreen: I was in the RNCC (cycling club) and Portway divers mainly diving for muffs around Devon and Cornwall until I met Mrs Pred who also joined the club, I took her down on her first dive.

Well apart from getting a girl in the club :mrgreen: I was in the RNCC (cycling club) and Portway divers mainly diving for muffs around Devon and Cornwall until I met Mrs Pred who also joined the club, I took her down on her first dive.

:LOL:

I seem to remember going all the way down to London to buy a rifle, but I cannot now remember why I had to make such a long journey.

And you was allowed a gun*?? :!:

Yes. I applied for and obtained a licence, I was obliged to keep it securely locked up (the bolt stored separately), I had to prove I was a member of a bona fide club and the police came and checked its location and security.

That would have been some time between 1968 and 1974.

(* This is my rifle, it's not a gun,
It's for killing, not for fun!) :LOL:

My Brother (Honest) was a member of The GAYS, in the 50's.Then is was an abbreviation for 'The Guild of Abstaining Youth'. I might add I have never let him forget it.

Sponsored Links
Back