Cn anyone tell me the Mk4 polo electrode gap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Or can i find it online somewhere?
Ive got the plugs with a preset gap 1mm, on average ots a bbm 1.2 engine

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Update: found info on ngk part finder, says to use preset gap for the car identified, and adjust to 0. 9 for lpg fuel but doesn't say what the preset gap is . 2 plugs are set to 1mm, and one very close to that so i guess 1mm it is

Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply, but 1mm is the required gap
In fact, most engines using that plug are the same.....I have to confess I rarely check the gaps these days, so long as the plug hasn't been dropped.
Are you happy with your purchase so far?
John :)

The car you mean? Yes, i was half expecting the brakes to need doing, just not so fllipping quickly.
Lost my finger nails through stress and worry, sweating etc.. Lol, been chucked in at tje deep end bht yea its a canny motor to get about with. Shame them devious buggers we're not totally honest with me.

Btw, glad your here, 25nm - 30nm for torquing plugs, do i aim for 28nm?

Sponsored Links
Yep, that's about fine. You can tell what's happening once you've done a few - you can feel the plug washer compressing and then its just a case of nipping the plugs up.
I use a magnetic plug socket which is an absolute boon for lifting the old plugs out - those rubber inserted types can occasionally leave the insert stuck on the plug which is a bind.
P.S - welcome to the motor trade, where the truth rarely exists :eek:
John :)

Lol yr right there mate. They were quite happy to wave me off with a hanky, knowing the state the brakes were in, could have wrapped myself round a lamp post:eek:
Doing shift work, the taxi fares emptied my wallet but
Managed to get the brakes done and coaxed em off like you said. Also wd40 on the retaining screws night before. Inner pads were nearly to just the metal backing plate, outer ones were brand new, anything to maximise profit
Bloody well chuffed getting a result lol

With the plugs on the micra, i used to fit a length of rubber tube over the spline and lower them in, then screw em in and twist the tubing off when they tightened up to avoid thread crossing then finger tight with spark plug remover with rubber thingy out.
Your plug tool sounds good.

Last edited:
Your bit of tube is a good idea. The tube would slip before you'd crossthreaded the plugs.

Back