Electrode gap setting.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
I have a Monoflame minor one s burner. The electrodes look a little too close to the nozzle, and are not sparking properly. Can someone tell me the correct gaps, or where I can download the spec. sheet on it. Hope you can help.
Thanks Bob. :D

Sponsored Links
Thanks Burnerman, I assume the "3mm in front", is gap off the face of the nozzle. Is there a setting laterally from the nozzle centre, i.e. sideways if I make sense. Thanks.
Bob.

Sponsored Links
The electrodes should be dead centre to the nozzle, seen from above.
Are these block electrodes on yours? I can't remember. If so, they wont be adjustable up and down but they will be forward and back, if you get my drift.
Obviously the spark should occur across the electrodes but we see some sparking down to the nozzle, or even to the blast tube.
John :)

By not sparking properly, is it impinging on blast tube or nozzle as discussed or is the spark weak? It should look like a mini burner in operation eg. a bright flame-like streak blown forward by the fan. If it appears as a gas cooker-like blue spark you may have problems elsewhere.

Update,
Thankyou Burnerman & Tibbot for your help and advice.
Pulled out burner last night and cleaned off electrode tips. They were aligned 'off' from the nozzle axis. Gap was too wide and I thought slightly too low. So set up as Burnerman suggested, 3mm gap and 3mm up and realigned on nozzle axis. Refitted blast tube and tested, produced lovely v shaped spark 'flame' 1/2" long upward and over the nozzle. Bolted all back in place and has run without hiccup so far. :D
Tibbot- there was a problem with the one electrode arcing to the nozzle, when I removed the blast tube I noticed a small amount of dust/dirt bridging between the electrode holder and blast tube, this may not have helped, but certainly the electrode setting was all wrong.
Burnerman- the electrodes are not block type but individual type, each can be adjusted up and down, held with allen key screw.
Many thanks, Bob.

Thanks for the update Bob - pleased all seems well.
If you come across the block type electrodes at any time you'll see how far these things have come. Its as well to keep some in stock, I think.
Cheers John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back