coal shed conversion?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys

i'd be really gratefull of some advise. :confused:

i've got two brickbuilt coal sheds at the bottom of the garden the floor area must only be 5ft by 14ft . they have a tiled monopitched roof (30 odd degrees maybe), it's contructed of rafters which are about 20 inches apart and sit on a beam that goes acrosse the length of the front wall. theres a diving wall which halves the thing and I'd like to take this out to make a small workshop/shed.

the dividing wall is double skin (the whole thing is) and as far as i can tell it's not supporting the roof. its purpose (if it has one) must be to tie the front and rear walls together.

as it's such a small area do i really need this wall? can i just brace the thing using joists attached to the rear wall?

hope this makes sense, i can hear you all laughing from here. :oops:

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo and welcome B0dgersBadger :D :D :D

have you got a picture
is there a large timber going from end to end supported on the wall ??

View media item 38511 View media item 38510
hi big all

here's a couple of pictures i took last night, and yes there is a beam that runs along the length of the front wall. the rafters sit on this. I think you can see it on the top of the wall on the pic i took from the inside.

hope these help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back