Coffee - French Press

Sponsored Links
What's the old line... "Coffee boiled is coffee spoiled".
Too true, It even makes a difference to instant. Some put the milk in first. I set the dispenser to 95C. It has a lower setting of 85C which gives even better results but with cooling from the mug I prefer a bit hotter. Heat drives off volatiles which provide the taste.

I've never looks at the prices of pour over kettles with a temperature indicator. Stove top all sorts from £20 or so on amazon. Electric ~£50 to ouch as might be expected with coffee. ;) One £50 includes a timer to practice with for good pours.

Americano out of my espresso machine is a little too hot to drink but flavours become more apparent as it cools. Not something to drink quickly really.

The hot water dispenser. Bought some time ago as my wife was fond of topping the kettle up too much which meant more boil time when I wanted a drink for myself. The dispenser sets anything from 150ml to 1.5L and boils it. The 1.5L is with the filter out. We don't use one.

Sponsored Links
Like in a UK city where you're supposedly no more than 5m from a rat (not literally, I know), you can't go more than a coupla miles until you stumble across another Aldi around here (y)

If it has two or more Wetherspoons it's a city.

Wetherspoons have been going downhill, and are trying to raise money by putting up for sale 35 sites.

It has sold £3million since July but sales are slow and values have dropped.

Tim denies they are trying to raise money.

Perhaps rising interest rates and Wetherspoons’s £745mn debt are not the cause.

Perhaps.

Last edited:
Wetherspoons have been going downhill, and are trying to raise money by putting up for sale 35 sites.

It has sold £3million since July but sales are slow and values have dropped.

Tim denies they are trying to raise money.

Perhaps rising interest rates and Wetherspoons’s £745mn debt are not the cause.

Perhaps.
Here we go again. JohnD attempting to turn a coffee press thread into a finance one, no doubt caused by Br……. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back