Coffee. How do you take yours?

I got hooked on coffee years back in Marakech the coffee was the best I've had never found out what it was.

Travelling in the Sinai I had Turkish coffee for the first time, boiled in small pots with sugar added, very strong, very sweet, very tasty.

Sponsored Links
Travelling in the Sinai I had Turkish coffee for the first time, boiled in small pots with sugar added, very strong, very sweet, very tasty.

I've had some fantastic black coffees. My mate introduced me to an Israeli coffee made with Cardamom.
A French Moroccan said I'd like hers. She was right I did.

In Sri Lanker I stayed at a Muslim resort by the coast. Every morning they made me an Arabian black coffee... fantastic

Try Cardamom it will change your lifes

Sponsored Links
An easy mistake to make on a firm's outing to Calais.

viande de chevalier

viande de cheval

My boss at the time was not happy to learn the reality of the meal he had just enjoyed.

There is a massive range of cuisine to choose

I’m surprised you find it all pish.

perhaps you haven’t tried much

He should try pish & chips. He ain't lived.

Love all food

I had a beautiful girlfriend in my 20s I loved her dearly. I knew we would never marry as she was a basic eater.....

One of my favourite things about myself is that I will try almost anything. If it's good quality food it's more than likely I will enjoy it regardless of where its from

I can't drink ground coffee anymore so the next best thing i've found is Kenco: A combination of Rich Roast; Columbian, and a flavour like Vanilla or hazelnut to give it zing. Always in the same cup, measured with the same spoon, with breakfast and after dinner. One spoon of white sugar with two of demerara and half a spoon of coffeemate. Milk spoils the taste, for me.
Working a night shift, 'back-in-the-day' i'd take it black, two sugars, at least six mugs. Turned my stomach lining into leather.:(

3bc3be02e64d4c1f70fff7f3cbe5b813229ba9a3

was ( is ) the best in my opinion.

Worst I ever tasted was Ersatzkaffee ( substitute coffee from roasted acorns )

Did you have ersatz kaffee during your service on the Rhine?

I never did service on the Rhine, I lived and worked for a company in Dusseldorf for a couple of years.

I "discovered" Ersatzkaffee in Sommerda 1967 where a few people preferred it to real coffee having had to get used to it during the war.

Got this installed in the new kitchen, mostly because we needed to get the equilibrium of 4 appliances in the tall units (2 x ovens and a microwave along with this).

It was ridiculously expensive, even though it was ex display from JL so it has a couple of marks on the front.

However the coffee is great. We have a local coffee roaster, Crosbycoffee.co.uk, that do amazing blends. I just can’t drink Costa, Starbucks, etc now as it tastes awful in comparison.

I like a latte, extra milk foam, and a shot of sugar free caramel. Might have one now…
D891B132-241B-442E-99F1-24FE0B0396B4.jpeg

There is a massive range of cuisine to choose

I’m surprised you find it all pish.

perhaps you haven’t tried much
Lived there for a bit.

Thefrench do one thing foodie good and thats it.

Bread= Baguette
Pudding= Flan
Drink =wine
Potato=chips.

In the supermarket, outside of haute cuisine, it's tinned food and **** meats and sausages.

Huge meh from me.

French blend coffee is a burnt mess.

British food and drink is far, far more varied and much higher quality.

In 'The Naked and the Dead' by Norman Mailer one of the characters has for breakfast fried eggs with loads of salt on, and a cup of black coffee. This has become a firm favourite of mine over the years; the salt taste on your palate intensifies the coffee.

Sponsored Links
Back