Cold Air from chimney!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys, need some help with a situation. I've had my chimney breasts removed in all 4 rooms, in the roof/ceiling they have put up some supports to support the remaining chimney that goes ontop of the roof outside. Now since there are no chimney breasts for the air to be trapped in, i notice that that when i open the ceiling hatch it is blooming freezing in there and also i notice that all the rooms are cold! How would i go about stopping the cold air coming in our how would i block the open hole from wher the chimney was removed in the ceiling.

The next problem is in the kitchen where an cooker extractor silver tube thingy goes out of my wall seems to be letting cold air in there from outside since the muppets didn't brick the hole up properly outside.

Sponsored Links
Part 2 of your question...You can get exterior vents that will close when the extractor is off(although this will not seal tight, just close)

Part 1
Is the chimney (whats left of it) not sitting on a concrete support, that is supported by gallows brackets

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back