redundant chimney stacks - to remove or not to remove

Cor Blimey - you could knock me dahn wiv a fever , what a `ows yer farver over a pair of stacks - I `ve run me rods up a good few of them back in the good old days - nah all the works I gets for me an Mary are guest appearances at weddings . No smoke in The smoke nowadays :cry: Get `em dahn I says ;)

Sponsored Links
First question is do you like the chimneys?

I tend to think in general, original features should be kept where possible, but on the other hand I can't say I like them. It's all a matter of taste. Victorian brickwork isn't to my taste - too unfriendly and grimy looking... but then I've spent ages restoring a 1940s ironwork porch and railings many people don't like but I do.

From a purely practical point of view you are surely better off removing them, less maintenance, less possibility of leaking, if you want solar thermal or PV less risk of shading etc.

Ed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back