cold radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just come back off hols for a week, turned heating on everything ok except for one radiator downstairs which is clock cold all other radiators are hot , thought it might need bleeding but water come straight out , any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
If it has a TRV ,remove the actuator head ,and see if the pin in the centre of the body moves freely up and down when you press it.
Failing that , close all other radiators TRV's and see if cold one now heats up.

Cheers terryplumb the needle was stiff moved it up and down and now radiator is back working , should i give it a spray with wd40 or something similar to keep it lubricated.

Sponsored Links
Turn off all radiators except the one not working. If that doesn't force heat into it, nothing will. Sometimes a radiator can be orphaned. Turning other radiators off can bring it back in from the cold. This is my invention (or reinvention). I don't believe there is anything like this on youtube.

should i give it a spray with wd40 or something similar to keep it lubricated
I would avoid anything mineral based, newer O-Rings and synthetic rubbers don't like it, should really use something silicone based, you do get a silicone based WD40.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back