cold radiators in a flat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My brother altered some pipework to one of the radiators in my flat as he has done other times in other properties. The central heating was working intermittently afterwards but lots of air in the system. I have tried bleeding the system a few times now and also refilling via the drain cock. I am 99% sure that the pump is working and also the three way valve. The hot water isn't affected and is good. There seems to be some water gurgling back down the pipe near the hot water tank if I switch on the heating. I can hear the pump trying to force the water around and then when I switch the heating off again I can hear the water running back over. I think it is something simple that I am missing. Could someone lead me through step by step to putting this right please?

Sponsored Links
Not obvious.
COuld be a pump speed thing - ask if he altered it. Or try on speed 1 (usually out of 3) and see if that shuts it up. If rads not all working increase to 2...

Have tried this but still radiators will not heat up. I can still hear the pump working but no heat in the rads at all!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back