Cold shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I have a triton diverted shower(dove),
It just runs cold, it has worked fine for a good few years. Recently started running cold without getting warm at all. The sink tap still works fine in the same bathroom. Both the sink and the shower are fed from the same pipe work, from a combi boiler, and the sink runs hot and cold as it should.
So I have replaced the thermostatic cartridge in the shower with a manufacturers part. However I still have the same issue.
The shower when on doesn't seem to demand the boiler to ignite but the sink in the same bathroom dose, I have checked the water pressure (bar) and all is fine.
If I run the hot tap in the bathroom and run the shower then the shower runs hot due to it receiving the feed from the same pipe as the sink.
So any thoughts as to a solution??

Sponsored Links
Things to look at are:
*Is the temperature control set/positioned correctly
*Have the filters been cleaned
*Is the boiler hot water set to full
*If you remove the valve do you have full flow of hot water at the inlet (isolate water prior to removal)
*Is the cartridge recently purchased faulty.

Ok so this evening,
I isolated the hot and cold supply to the shower, I then ran each individually and got good pressure from both.
I then removed the new thermostatic cartridge and turned on the hot supply, water gushed out as if it was a bath tap, the boiler kicked in and warm/hot water came through.
So from that I assume that no issues are apparent with the pipe work or pressure supply all the way up to the point it reaches the cartridge.

Next I replaced the thermostatic cartridge set to 38, and turned it on. The boiler did not fire and no warm water came through, I turned the temperature in both clock wise and anti clockwise and this had no affect, my wife who was positioned at the boiler said she could hear a squeak like noise from the boiler when I demanded hot water by turning the shower temperature.

Everything points towards the cartridge I think, any thoughts anyone ?.

Sponsored Links
Thanks PBD,
Just to check do you think I've checked the obvious, I can only think it is the thermostatic, I appreciate your response and ideas cheers

Dave

Providing the pipework hot/cold are on the correct side of the mixer, I can only see it being a faulty cartridge!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back