Cold side of mixer tap stops working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Have just finished installing a new bathroom suite a couple of weeks ago (only took me 3 months!)

The bath has a mixer tap and the cold side has myteriously stopped working, sometimes you get a dribble but if the hot has been running you get nothing. It's not the pipe that feeds it as the sink runs off the same pipe and the cold on that works fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions before I take it apart and probably break it?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
You need to take it apart and check for blockages or a sticking washer.

Yep - probably a blockage.
I suppose that it could also be an air lock if the cold is fed from a cistern rather than straight off the main.

That's great, thanks guys, it's fed directly from the mains so must be a blockage or stuck washer.

Or a broken tap, when I bought the suite I had to return about 70% of the parts to B&Q because they were so shoddy.

Sponsored Links
That's great, thanks guys, it's fed directly from the mains so must be a blockage or stuck washer.

Or a broken tap, when I bought the suite I had to return about 70% of the parts to B&Q because they were so shoddy.

I had to return a bath once since it was chipped and had no legs. They asked me why I hadn't checked it upon delivery. They couldn't answer my question of why they hadn't checked it prior to delivery!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back